International Studies Minor
Minor Requirements (8 units)
Students who minor in International Studies must take four courses chosen from a list of core courses, and complete one concentration of at least four courses. Though students completing the minor are not required to take a capstone seminar or complete the language requirement, Weinberg College or other school foreign language requirements may still apply.
- 4 core courses chosen from:
|HISTORY 250-1||Global History: Early Modern to Modern Transition|
|HISTORY 250-2||Global History: The Modern World|
|HISTORY 319-0||History of US Foreign Relations|
|or POLI_SCI 344-0||U.S. Foreign Policy|
|or JOUR 353-0||Dilemmas of American Power|
|ECON 201-0||Introduction to Macroeconomics|
|or SOCIOL 215-0||Economy and Society|
|POLI_SCI 240-0||Introduction to International Relations|
- 4 courses (except where noted) in a thematic concentration. More information about the concentrations and lists of eligible courses may be found each quarter at the program office and on the International Studies website.
- Global Humanities
- Political Economy
- Borders, Boundaries, and Crossings
- Global Law and Society
- The U.S. and the World
- World Language and Experience - requires six units of training in a language beyond coursework satisfying the International Studies foreign language study requirement, plus study abroad or comparable foreign experience.
- Students who wish to propose a thematic program of study that does not fit into one of the themes listed above may petition to create a self-designed thematic cluster.