Grants & Fellowships
Northwestern University provides a wide array of opportunities for students seeking fellowship opportunities, grant opportunities or funding for a study abroad experience. We encourage International Studies students to take advantage of these great opportunities available.
Sponsored by the Office of the Provost, the Office of Undergraduate Research provides academic and summer undergraduate research grants (URGs); an Undergraduate Research Assistant Program; Undergraduate Language Grants; Circumnavigators Travel-Study Grant; Conference Travel Grants; and an Undergraduate Research & Arts Exposition.
The Office of Fellowships is designed to help assist you in your search for national and international fellowship competitions that meet your educational, intellectual, and personal needs. You can apply for a fellowship for funding to attend graduate school, to study or conduct research overseas or gain practical experience in your field of study.
Other opportunities include the Summer Internship Grant Program (SIGP) offered by Northwestern Career Advancement. SIGP is available to undergraduate students doing an unpaid summer internship and participating in a variety of Northwestern Career Advancement designed career development programs and projects.
The Global Learning Office (GLO) Provides a list of resources available to NU students to help with funding of study abroad programs. You can find that information here.
International Studies students are among the outstanding students who have received many of these great opportunities and awards. A few are listed below:
- Jessica Castellanos, ‘18, Undergraduate Language Grant Winner, will study French at the Institute for the International Education of Students summer program in Arles, France
- Ashley Augustine, ‘15, Academic Year URG Winner, “Prenatal Testosterone and Trust”
- Nicholas Kazvini-Gore, ‘14, IPS Bundestag Internship Program in Berlin
- Tracy Navichoque, ‘14, Fulbright U.S. Student Award to Uruguay
- Jaclyn Skurie, ‘14, National Geographic Young Explorers Grant
- Amber North, ‘08, Gates Cambridge Scholarship
- Mallory Dwinal, ‘09, Rhodes Scholar